Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Update

7 p.m

Mie and many other areas are now under the official storm warning. TV news says to expect peak wind around here at about 2 a.m. Meanwhile, about 500 ml (1.6 feet) of rain are to be associated with the storm in this area (I suppose this includes the rain that's already been falling).

We're also now inside the yellow circle here in Ise (perhaps that's what prompted the storm warning being made official). I haven't noticed any wind pick-up just yet. We shall see.

Precautions: I have extra food and water on hand. TV news said to fill the bathtub, as it can allow the toilet to flush if the normal plumbing goes out. I don't have a flashlight, but next-door neighbor and ALT colleague Anette does.

I have no idea what to expect. If it is a category 1 storm when it reaches, sustained winds could be up to 95 miles an hour .

More later ...

No comments: